The Spring Framework is an application framework and inversion of the control container for the Java platform. The framework’s core features can be used by any Java application, but there are extensions to build web applications on top of the Java EE platform. This book will help you implement the microservice architecture in Spring Framework, Spring Boot, and Spring Cloud. Written to the latest specifications of Spring, you’ll be able to build modern, Internet-scale Java applications in no time.
We would start off with the guidelines to implement responsive microservices at scale. We will then deep dive into Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Docker, Mesos, and Marathon. Next you will understand how Spring Boot is used to deploy autonomous services, server-less by removing the need to have a heavy-weight application server. Later you will learn how to go further by deploying your microservices to Docker and manage it with Mesos. By the end of the book, you’ll will gain more clarity on how to implement microservices using Spring Framework and use them in Internet-scale deployments through real-world examples.
What You Will Learn
- Get to know the microservices development lifecycle process
- See how to implement microservices governance
- Familiarize yourself with the microservices architecture and its benefits
- Use Spring Boot to develop microservices
- Find out how to avoid common pitfalls when developing microservices
- Be introduced to end-to-end microservices written in Spring Framework and Spring Boot