This edition reflects major enhancements in the Python 2.x series, including 2.6 and tips for migrating to 3. It contains new chapters on database and Internet client programming, plus coverage of many new topics, including new-style classes, Java and Jython, Microsoft Office (Win32 COM Client) programming, and much more.
- Learn professional Python style, best practices, and good programming habits
- Gain a deep understanding of Python’s objects and memory model as well as its OOP features, including those found in Python’s new-style classes
- Build more effective Web, CGI, Internet, and network and other client/server applications
- Learn how to develop your own GUI applications using Tkinter and other toolkits available for Python
- Improve the performance of your Python applications by writing extensions in C and other languages, or enhance I/O-bound applications by using multithreading
- Learn about Python’s database API and how to use a variety of database systems with Python, including MySQL, Postgres, and SQLite
- Features appendices on Python 2.6 & 3, including tips on migrating to the next generation!
Design Patterns in Java™ gives you the hands-on practice and deep insight you need to fully leverage the significant power of design patterns in any Java software project. The perfect complement to the classic Design Patterns, this learn-by-doing workbook applies the latest Java features and best practices to all of the original 23 patterns identified in that groundbreaking text.
Drawing on their extensive experience as Java instructors and programmers, Steve Metsker and Bill Wake illuminate each pattern with real Java programs, clear UML diagrams, and compelling exercises. You’ll move quickly from theory to application—learning how to improve new code and refactor existing code for simplicity, manageability, and performance.