Django is a powerful Python web framework designed to develop web applications quickly, from simple prototypes to large-scale projects. Django encourages clean, pragmatic design, and provides developers with a comprehensive set of tools to build scalable web applications.
This book will walk you through the creation of four professional Django projects, teaching you how to solve common problems and implement best practices.
The book begins by showing you how to build a blog application, before moving on to developing a social image bookmarking website, an online shop and an e-learning platform. You will learn how to build a search engine and implement a user activity stream. Furthermore, you will create a recommendation engine, an e-commerce coupon system and a content management system. The book will also teach you how to enhance your applications with AJAX, create RESTful APIs and setup a production environment for your Django projects.
After reading this book, you will have a good understanding of how Django works and how to integrate it with other technologies to build practical, advanced, web applications.
What You Will Learn
- Build practical real-world web applications with Django
- Use Django with other technologies such as Redis, Celery, Solr and Memcached
- Develop pluggable Django applications
- Create advanced features, optimize your code and use the cache framework
- Add internationalization to your Django projects
- Add social features to your projects
- Build RESTful APIs for your applications